Method of Assesment
In assessments the student’s knowledge, attitude and skills (practical skills, decision making and communication) are assessed. Assessment style will be a mixture of core competency evaluation following the current UK professional model, written exams (multiple choice questions, short answer questions and essay style questions), viva voce, clinical and practical examinations.
A set of questions (MCQ/ short essay) is given at the end of each lectures and Every tutor to please finish his/ her lecture with some questions / assignments / short essay/ MCQ’s stems according to the pattern of UHS paper for that subject. If not possible, they give some topics that students then convert into for example into MCQ’s under the guidance of the faculty. Students then attempt these questions. They then distribute their papers randomly and mark these papers according to marking rules set by them before starting the marking. The best scoring paper will then be discussed among themselves. They can challenge each others marking. This is one of the best way to develop their skills and its help them in time management.
- Tests shall be conducted at end of each module to assess theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
• Presentations and group work done during each module.
These marks are decided on the basis of, Mid term test, log books, sent up exam.
- In First Year Professional Optometry Exam 2010, one of our Students Miss Rabbia Ammer got 3rd position in the University of Health Sciences Lahore.
- In the third professional Optometry Exam 2013, one of our Students Miss Kaukab Khan got 2nd position in the University of Health Sciences Lahore.
- In Final Professional Optometry Exam 2014, Miss Rabbia Ammer again got 1st position in the University of Health Sciences Lahore.
- In Final Professional Optometry Exam 2015, Miss Mehwish Nisar got 2nd position in the University of Health Sciences Lahore.
- In first year professional optometry Exam 2016,One of our students Miss Iqra Khalil obtained 2nd position in the University of Health Sciences Lahore .